Thursday 19 September 2013

The Arrival


So after an emotional moment in front of Compostela I was able to sit in the sunshine for an hour and marvel at the pilgrims.  The arrival for all is a moment that will stay with me as a cherished memory.  I chose a quiet route into town along the Camino path finishing my journey in quiet contemplation and apprehension. 

This is a beautiful city and I haven't had much time to explore but even so I can appreciate the depth of history behind this place.  In my Pilgrims guide it asks you to be mindful of all those who have passed before and link into that sense of history. That I can appreciate. 

By the way it's a full moon today/tonight so I have a feeling all that was meant to be was.  So Pamplona? I forgive you for being such a hard city to get out of. 




So I want to just share with you a few pictures of Santiago and hope it will leave you with the thought of visiting. 



 
This I the man! Saint Jack, one of The twelve apostles. 
No picture can do justice to the inside and had I been here on Friday I would have witnesses the incense ball being swung.

My final stamp on my Pilgrims passport. 

The rest of the day involved sorting out my bike transport. The mystery way of the Camino continues as I find the shop that will box up my bike for me and also give me a lift back to camp and provide me with a taxi service in the morning and all for 15 euros.  The man in bike line was a star.  

I bumped into many familiar faces from along my way but sadly it would appear that either I was a very effective break away cyclist or my peloton had dropped me :-) but all those faces had the same beaming smile and the camaraderie from all was amazing.  

I did it ! 

No comments: