Sunday 8 September 2013

How hard can it be?

So I'm sitting quietly on Sat morning thinking that I have three days till I depart and what a great time I will have calmly preparing for the beginning of stage four to Compostela.  Yeah right! Who's kidding who! SNCF are on strike on the day I travel. So I can't get down through France unless I hide my bike in my handbag and sleep in a six birth cabin. No way!!!

As stress gave way to panic and ended with me getting in my car and saying "right I'll fix this" i was beginning to doubt it was doable.  But where there's a will there's a mad pilgrim.

I leave by airplane on Monday morning !!! I am praying to the universe to look after my bike in the box I cadged from Everndens cycles in Paddock Wood.  (Thank you Tony and the guys for being so damn helpful. )
Still at least I have an extra day to cycle 490 miles and climb 32,000 feet :-)  no probs....  yeah right!

No comments: