Thursday 24 July 2014

Fish stew

The day panned out as fantastic and the sun finally decided to show its face.
 I tried taking off my rain jacket but alas I stopped 10 minutes later to out it back on. Too cold my friends. 

As I journey further west I have to cross a glacial valley where the lava once flowed I guess.  I'm afraid the Tectonic plate movement was lost on me in Geography, I was too busy trying to colour in the diagrams nicely.
But you don't have to be a geographer to see how the mountains have just thrust up through the land. It must have been a massive event! I can' see how it could have been done quietly.  

So after a fair few hours of wonderful pedaling I decide on yet another hot tub stop. This one boasted a hotel. Hotel Elborg. Now when I arrive I am slightly put off by the number of horse boxes in the car park and am slightly reminded of a certain primary school playground. But the hot water was bubbling so I pressed on into what can only be described as Abigail's Other Party.  

I decided to eat in the resteraunt as I needed proper food. Fish Stew
 (Fish pic no 2) it was amazing. I even went up for seconds.  But you know those terribly sad dramas where the woman with grey hair with the book is sitting amidst the party she hasn't been invited to? That's me.   
So I try to blend in and not look gauche.. Which is terribly hard when everyone else is an Amazonian Horse Woman.  But the thought of that cod supper and the promise if two cups of Earl Grey is enough to strengthen the weakest of souls.  It was worth it, the best fish stew going.

The chef is charming too. 

So well fed and it's off to bed. A long trek tomorrow to the land of Trolls.

You know Nothing John Snow, you know nothing!!

No comments: