Sunday 27 July 2014

Day 5 on the road


The corner of the peninsula has been turned and indeed I'm heading east along the northern shore. 

Strangely it was good to get out of the shadow of the mountain, a bit of a melancholic mood had descended but as soon as I had left my mood lightened. 

I discovered an information plaque shortly after that informed me that the area where I had stayed was the home of Iceland's first recorded serial killer. Hmmm that will do it then! 


I have the chance to see the Glacier from the other side and it does look impressive. Glad I didn't 'do the tour!' 


The road involved some rather Pyrenean hills for me today. But we coped. I was concerned I'd miss my triple chainset but pleased to say all was fine. A tad slow but I'm carrying a whole other me too so I shouldn't complain. 

I hear it's very hot at home! I would like to see some sunshine. Believe me I'm not complaining but it would be great to see how the landscape changes with sunshine and I have some washing that has remained wet for the last three days! 

Perhaps this evenings sunset bodes well!

So I'm not sure what to do tomorrow as I am planning a ferry trip across to the western islands. There is the option to stop at an island! But I may just go straight across. I will see how the mood takes me in the morning. 
I am hoping to show some of the gorgeous houses from around here, but just as I started to take the photos the battery dies. Typical. 

But all in all a good days cycling and a weary traveller is happily tucked up in her sleeping bag.
I shall leave you with Fish Pic no 3.

No comments: