Saturday 3 September 2016

Just for info..

As requested by Vinn, here we have my lovely bike in action so to speak.  It is rigged in very much the same way as I rigged for Iceland.  The only modifications were a new papoose that has less depth so as to fit the seat post better and I am running 28mm Continental 4-season tyres rather than the 35mm Continental cyclocross. 

Now as I'm here I might as well tell you what's on board.  I know it very well by now an it will help to remind me next time I pack. 

Starting with the back papoose:
Sleeping bag PHD lightweight two season a fantastic purchase. 
Spare set if cycle shorts, shirt and socks
Wet weather gear... Castelli Furba jacket, Rapha lightweight rain cape, gilet, winter gloves and leg/arm warmers and sealskin over socks. 
Casual wear, one pair crag hopper trousers, two t shirts
Sleeping shorts and top. 

Front roll:
Terra Nova Cometition 1 woman tent
Foot print
Thermarest sleeping mat (small)
MSR pocket rocket stove
Trianga cookpot for one
Titanium spork 
Life adventure towel. 

Front flap bag:
Used for food bought on the go. 

Frame bag:
First aid kit and homeopathic remedies
Two inner tubes
Repair kit and Duck tape
Spokes front and rear 
Gear and brake cable spares, quick links, multi tool. 
Lights front and back
Pump 
Co2 gas x3 and adapter 
Wash kit (including mascara and a lipstick, my two luxury items)

Rucksack(not shown)
"Wistful" my teddy bear travelling companion on all trips.  
Water bladder up to 2l capacity (but I usually carry 1 and refil as needed. )
Kindle fIre
Pebble charge bank
Adapters and leads
Passport and tickets
Peaked cap
Sunglasses 
Reading glasses
Muscle balm Champis cream and sun cream. 

Flip flops 


Phew! That's an exhausting list!  Next time I would add a belt for my trousers and a lightweight pair of casual shorts. 



1 comment:

Rene said...

I would love to see you cycling in flip flops! ;)