Monday 25 July 2011

I'm going on a bear hunt!!


I can't go over it I can't go through it and I can't go round it. The Tour has blocked all the roads across the Seine and I can't swim strapped to my bike. Well I could but it would be a downward route! I did think about making a run for it but decided that it would be my luck to be caught on tv wearing club colours and being arrested. Mind you these young gendarmes cur quite a pose. Not that they took a blind bit of notice when I pleaded to go across. DESOLE!!

Whilst trying to find a way across would you beloved that I found another KVG girl instead!!! Most bizarre to suddenly be shouted at just in front of Notre Dame. So everyone Elizabeth made it to Paris in style and had a blast. (photo to follow)

We didn't chat for long as I had begun to worry about the delay. But once I found a cunning route under the Louvre bridge I was happy.

Discovered that this might end up a sight seeing pilgrimage when I sailed past the Eiffel Tower. Then I had the joy of a rather grand hill up out of Paris toasted Versailles. Those hill reps have helped Bee!! Managed the hill with my Panniers straining behind me.

It was a bit worrying to see that I had wasted so much time but once I got the tempo up I could cover the miles. It was beautiful scenery and the cycle paths are a dream.

I finally made it to Chartres for 9.15pm just in time go find a cafe for two pots of tea, onion soup and an omelette. I am pooped but happy and now need to sleep. I am hoping for an early start as I have a 100 ahead tomorrow.

Hope to add piccies soon. Bon Nuit mes amies She

No comments: