Tuesday 26 July 2011

Chartres, cest formidable!

So yesterday was a LONG day.
In the morning I took the time to visit Chartres cathedral. If you have never visited this place then put it on your bucket list.   It was so quiet when I arrived that I pretty
Much had the place to myself.  The only sad part was the continued alterations have obscured the bottom of the main window.  This is the place in the Davinci code  which draws on the symbolism of the labyrinth  which I might point out is a simple form of a pilgrimage. Apparently walking a labyrinth brings you to the centre of yourself.  I took the short cut and went straight for the middle as time was precious.

I also bought a simple St Christopher for my journey. I thought that would be prudent.

On leaving the cathedral a beggar was stood hand outstretched. Normally I dont bend to that pressure but the fact that he was using a scallop shell as his begging bowl did it and he gained financially from my spiritual quest!! (SIGN NO 4)

No comments: