Wednesday 31 August 2016

Down by the river...

It was a good day.  I left Regensburg without visiting the town which I was annoyed about but having lost the hours yesterday I knew I didn't have time today.  I had in my mind the streatch to Passau was the last if the three long days and I wasn't sure after yesterday I had it in me.  So the only way to find out wsa to get back on the bike and try.







I was granted a beautiful day to cycle in and the gift of joining the river Donau (Danube).  One my travelling 'chance encounters' had commented that she had been disappointed with the Donau because it was not blue and it lacked the romantic nature of that famous waltz. 

I however was enraptured by this river. I was worried that it would be a repeat of the Fhine but not so.  I can only describe this river as beautiful, silent lady. She is serene and still with eyes of deep, deep blue.  Look into those eyes and you can loose yourself for hours. I was mesmerised.   The density and variety of colours and the depths that appeared to  lie below the surface were just breathtaking.  The pictures I add do no justice to this fine lady but I do now 'know' that expression still waters run deep. I shall enjoy travelling along this river.  
I arrived at my campsite in good time to catch up on washing and eat a hearty meal. Tomorrow I shall allow for a late start and let me leg rest.   I had a gentle journey to Lintz to take and I was not going to rush.  This next stage of the trip I had earmarked for a bit of a sightseeing so I would give myself a bit if a break.  
Now the crossing the road has a rich picking today.  I can offer you a Nun on a bicycle ( why wouldn't a nun use a bicycle?) a duo on a tandem with a selfie stick, or my favourite! A Goat being chased by a Daschund! I so wish I could have had my camera ready for that one. 

1 comment:

Rene said...

Loving the picture you are relaying from your trip...literally and photographically x