Wednesday 1 August 2012

After Bordeaux

This was always going to be a hard day. Because I had decided this would be a hard day it was going to be! However after struggling out of Bordeaux I fell into the way of the Roman roads through Les Landes. Now I haven't quite worked out what this means but I do know it's flat and the landscape is pine trees. The noise is terrific. The cri cri insects are out in force. So head down I put on some miles as today is 105 miles. This is why today is going to be hard because for the first half I have to just peddle

At one point I thought my day was up as the road stopped short of forcing me to take the A10 motor way. They were rebuilding the road I wanted to take. But as luck(yeah right) would have it a farmer was stood by the Barrier. He saw my dilemma and waved me through onto the new road. Ok so there were no niceties to the sides of the road but it stretched for miles and it was all mine!

At the end of the stretch I was greated by this signpost.


No comments: