Thursday 2 August 2012

Finis.....

Well I have done it. I'm here and yes I took the wiggly road but no I missed the big hill. Strange that I took a wrong turn that happened to by pass the hill. Actually I went to have a look and said to myself yes I can do that but no I'm not going down just to come back up to prove a point.

However, I have not quite finished as tomorrow morning I am going to go to the official St Jean de Vieux and I will post a picture of celebration so bear with me on this one.

But for now here is where I will lay my very weary head for the night. It's a few miles further on (another wiggly road) from St Jean de Pied in the hamlet of Esterencuby. There was no room in the hotel so I have my very own Chalet sleeping six!! And to top it all it has it's own small church.(the village not my chalet!!) I missed sitting inside so sat happily contemplating my trip on the church steps.

I won't mention the horror of two coach parties being entertained with a accordion music! Thankfully they departed but I did have a great conversation with one of the inmates on the fantastic results by Wiggins! All. In all a good, hard day..... And the Garmin lied, it was only 4500 feet all told in 65 miles. Simples.

No comments: