Monday 30 July 2012

Poitiers to Saintes

Well all I can say is I'd forgotten how heavy a bike with panniers can be.

However what a great day. My route was a bit mixed as I was attracted to those Roman roads that sap the soul as you peddle away along a straight line with little to see but the back of the odd juggernaut and caravan after caravan. But it has to be said that when I followed my other more off piste routes it was fantastic.

But what about the signs??? Well I suspect this part of my pilgrimage represents of time of being in the wilderness.

When I set out I had little idea as to what to expect this time round. I was conscious that just like any good movie this was going to be my plot point moment. You know that part in the film when the cast has been set the protagonist found and the story is under way. Then you get that moment when there is a still point. A moment of no action, the pendulum has swung far and is at its maximum. Well here I am. Left wondering. (and a bit of wandering too!!) I was also left without my map which mysteriously disappeared!!

There is however a sense of searching for not an outward sign but an inward one. So the night before I set out I am reading an astrology book and discover that to make the best of my planets I should endeavour to travel , write about travelling and indeed undertake feats of courage and strength!!!! Sound familiar?? I had a good giggle at that.

However I was also blessed with an external sign When on my off piste route I came across a perfect symbol of this Chemin. Which is what I shall leave you with.

More musings from France tomorrow

1 comment:

lush said...

You've lost ME already!! I like those sunflowers...
Hope your jacksy is not suffering. Wish I was there too, but I wouldn't be able to keep up with you anyway. Good Luck. Love from Lorri.xx