Saturday 5 August 2017

WHOO HOO!

Hello everyone..... yes its me... really it is me this time. I'm sorry not to have been on before now, but as soon as I had the chance I fell asleep and kept on sleeping. My brain has been a bit mushed and my toes are only just returning from the land of numb to the land of feeling...
So what a blast? huh!! Yes.. I can honestly say that that was the hardest thing I have ever done. But I have now had the chance to find out what it's like to be an ultra-endurance cyclist. And before the dream fades... IT'S BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!

I have cycled to Edinburgh and back in 5 days and had about 10 hours sleep in total... how MAD is that! I have slept in a bus shelter, battled hills in the dark, suffered two punctures, a crash (not serious!), and spent time cycling with some amazing people.... Andrew, Joel, Mel, Sian and Fernandez. Its really great to know that you are not the only nutcase at the party!

The last section was pure joy as I sped through the lanes in the dark, taking corners at break neck speed It was without doubt the most EXHILARATING and trippy thing that’s happened to me in years..... thanks to my three spiritual cycling buddies who rode with me on that dark night! Olly Vivien Catherine

I suddenly realised that I had missed a thank you out.... my bike! My beautiful Condor bike. Which leads to a big thank you to Glen for listening to my thoughts and helping me to put it together, lights and all... and building me the most superb wheels. The sound of that Hope freewheel in the night? Amazing..
.
But... I want to say thank you to all of you. The messages of encouragement and support were OVERWHELMING. Trust me... when your facing the wall and things look dark... a few bright words on Facebook were enough to get it back on track. I couldn't have done it quite so well without you all. so THANK YOU!

Now to Charlie.... my amazing wonderful, talented and entertaining Dierecteur Sportif. I love you to bits... and you make me laugh! You are so clever at bringing all the narrative to this ride... and it looks like i was the last person to get to follow it! So thank you Charles XXX
So what’s next then huh..?? hahahhahhaha we shall see! but for now its more sleep and more food.

No comments: